In the coming days we will introduce a series of articles titled, “Shutter Details“. We understand purchasing window shutters can be overwhelming and the average homeowner does not know what elements make-up a quality interior shutter. This group of six articles will explore the following topics:
- Rabbeted Shutter Stiles & Properly Sized Units – looking at the causes and how to prevent vertical light gaps between shutters.
- Mortised Hinges – The importance of using the correct hinge and preventing gaps between the shutter and window jamb.
- Louver Position – Why louvers remain in their intended position and reasons they do not.
- Paint and Stain Finishes – The finish you should expect contrasted with the finish some people receive.
- Material – Why some companies tout wood while others think synthetic is superior.
- Configuration – Properly select the number of panels used within the shutter unit and align them with your window.
Stay tuned as we unpack these throughout the next several months.